Saturday, April 14, 2012

Not-so-baby quilt for Abraham Sterling

 This one is for Abraham Sterling, pending son of Bailey and Levi Sterling.  Hopefully he will be making his debut this week, if he hasn't already.  I think this one is one is really cool. It's a fairly simple block, but turning it in different directions makes it look much more complicated than it is. It reminds me of stained glass. Thanks to Tim for standing out in the rain to hold it up for me, and to Soucy down in the corner for always being ready to lend a hand.
 The colors are truer in the close up.  Lots of brightness.
 I quilted it in all over swirls, which I am really happy with.
 Leftover pieces from the top for the stripes in the backing.
 I didn't do this on purpose, but the back ended up looking like the stitching on blue jeans.  Perfect for a very cool boy.
And the label.  I think I will have to make one of these for myself.  I really like it.

1 comment:

  1. So do I need to start spitting out babies to get one of these?

    ReplyDelete