Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bigger and Better Spring Wall Hanging

I am always really flattered when someone likes something I have made enough to want one for themselves, so when my friend Robin Dowell asked me if I would make her a lap blanket with the same pattern as the Spring Wall Hanging I did in my last post, of course I said I would.  She went and picked out a fabric packet that she liked, and I put it together.


A little closer.


Ladybug and Butterfly.



And the quilting.  I learned how to free-hand these big flowers and butterflies.  I have to say I am pretty impressed with the butterflies.  I have always thought of myself as an artistic person who just can't draw ANYTHING, but I seem to do OK with a sewing machine.


And then I fill in with a lot of loopdies.  Really a lot of loopdies.


I quilted the appliqued flowers, butterflies, ladybugs, and the bee separately.  I think it makes them kind of stand out. Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the picture.


And the last part is a little label. Ta-da!! All done.

No comments:

Post a Comment